To join NeuroGrad you must first have been accepted into a research group in which to pursue your graduate studies and secured funding for your studies. Only students with a Master’s degree can be accepted into the graduate programs at University of Copenhagen. All graduate students with a project within the field of neuroscience are eligible to join NeuroGrad when enrolling in the Graduate School at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
To be accepted into NeuroGrad, simply indicate the graduate program on your enrollment application.
Keep up with the requirements to obtain a PhD degree in neuroscience from the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
To obtain a PhD degree in neuroscience from the Graduate School at the Faculty of Health and Medical Science, the graduate students must fulfill the criteria prescribed by the Faculty in addition to the activities encompassed in the graduate program in neuroscience.
It is highly recommended to participate in the various NeuroGrad activities, workshops, seminars, and courses. It is mandatory to participate in at least two NeuroGrad Winter Schools during the graduate studies. Enrolled graduate students who fail to do so will be awarded a PhD degree in Health and Medical Sciences rather than in Neuroscience.
- Annual NeuroGrad Winter School (mandatory)
- General and specialized courses on basal and clinical neuroscience
- Courses on transferable skills (poster presentations, communication in academia, etc.)
- Neuroscience seminar series, "Neuroseminars series"
- Networking events including workshops on topics relevant to graduate students
- Social events organized by the student coordinators