To enhance the success of all NeuroGrads, we offer a range of workshops on valuable transferrable and practical skills. These events are facilitated by expert consultants and will equip the participants with a skill set applicable to the many facets of a PhD study.
Run on a yearly basis
- Scientific writing (1-day course offered to all 1st-year students as part of NeuroGrad Winter School
- Poster presentations (1-day course offered to all 2nd-year students as part of NeuroGrad Winter School
- Oral presentations (1-day course offered to all 3rd-year students as part of NeuroGrad Winter School
One workshop per semester with topics such as:
- The inevitable occurrence of conflicts - how to manage them
- Time is money - how to work-life balance/manage your time
- Learn to love and master networking!
- How to efficiently use your personal profile (MBTI) to be successful in science
- A PhD can be stressful - how to handle it, or even btter; prevent it
- Face the blank page! How to get started on your writing